What you look when you go to buy your cricket spikes shoes?
Well, I feel many of the players especially beginner do a lot of research when they go to buy a bat, cricket kit, gloves, helmet but they underestimate the shoes in their kit.
You spend a lot of time on ground and shoes are the gear which you wear all the time. Having the right shoe ensure that you spend time on the field in comfort. Shoe not only gives protection to your ankle or knee but it gives you a good grip on ground while running and saves you from skidding.
So having the right cricket spikes shoes in the kit is as important as a bat and other equipment. Even professional players keep separate shoe for batting and a separate pair for fielding.
Choosing the wrong shoes can have an adverse impact on your performance on the field.
So, It’s always better to do some research before selecting shoes.
Let’s read what things we should look into a shoe to know it is the best cricket spikes shoes for us.
What you should look while selecting cricket shoes?
Quality, comfort, ventilation, purpose, and cost are few parameters which you should look into shoes before buying it.
- Would you play on a hard surface or grass ground?
- Are you looking shoe to use in net practice?
- Are you bowler or batter or all-rounder?
- If bowler then are you a spinner or fast bowler?
- What is your level, are you a beginner or intermediate or professional?
- Are you looking shoe for wicketkeeping?
I would try to help you to find out the answer these questions. The bottom part of the shoe called outsole plays an important role in the selection of shoe.
Let’s start to know more about outsole.
Outsole is the bottom part of shoes which direct contact with ground. It’s built with Polyurethane which is a highly durable material. Apart from this material, cricket shoes come with a plate which allows fitting the spikes.
Cricket spikes shoes come in two type of spikes.
- Rubber stud
- Metal spike
We use the rubber stud spikes are basically when we are gonna play on a hard surface like indoor or on a synthetic surface. On a hard surface, rubber spikes give a better grip without damaging the surface.
We use metal spikes on soft ground like grass grounds so the player can have better grip while running and can be safe from slipping. We can attach or detach the metal spikes by using spike opener.
There are two types of metal spikes.
- Full spikes
- Half spikes
Let’s discuss what spikes are good for you.
Basically, bowlers and fielders use full spikes shoes so they can reduce the chances of skid on the grass ground.
If you are a fast bowler then go for a full spikes hard wearing shoe which could bear the pressure of your running pace and jump at the time of ball delivery.
If you are a spin bowler then you can go for full spike but lightweight shoe as per your comfort because load on the shoe would not be as higher as a fast bowler.
If you are a batter or wicket-keeper then you can go with half spikes lightweight shoes.
Cricket shoes for net practice: I would suggest using the mid-weight durable shoe always in net practice for longevity. Although sometimes, you should practice with your pair of shoes which you are gonna use in matches so you can be in habit to use them and get no surprises while playing.
Cricket shoes for beginner: If you are on a beginner, I would suggest going with rubber stud to start with instead of a higher end shoe. More you need to focus first on the other technical aspects of the game. As your skill level increases you can go with the high-end metal spike shoes.
Choose shoes wisely – former England captain Mike Atherton slipped and fell in mid-pitch while batting in half-spikes at Lord’s in 1993 and was run out… for 99.
You can read best cricket bat for leather ball if you are looking for bats.
Cricket shoes less than Rs. 1500
SG super series spikes cricket shoes
Spartan plus cricket shoes
Cricket shoes less than Rs. 5000
Adidas Men’s 22Yds Trainer Iii
CA Big Bang All Rounder
Adidas Men’s Howzat
Puma Men’s Evospeed
SG Super-Series Rubber Spikes Cricket Shoes
It’s a lightweight multipurpose shoe. It’s inside shoe liner built with extra cushioning and built with a moduled heel so you can feel optimum comfort while playing. The outsole is built with quality rubber for better grip.
- Feather lightweight with great looks
- High-grade PU upper for ultimate comfort
- Premium rubber outsole for maximum traction
- Modular heel counter for extra stability
- Available in size 4-11
- Best in this price range
- Premium quality outsole
- Good cushioning
- It’s washable
- Need improvement in design for ventilation
Best for: Its best for beginner level. A good value for money shoe. It comes with a strip on laces to prevent it untie while playing. It’s very useful for Junior players who struggle with tieing laces like my 9 years old son does.
SPARTAN Plus White Black Cricket Shoes
It’s an economical and beautifully designed shoe, looks stylish comfortable.
Outer Material is built with Synthetic PU and Inner Material with Cotton
- Color: White Black
- Closure Type: Lace-Up
- Toe Style: Round Toe
- Beautifully designed
- Easy to Clean
- The quality of the Shoelaces could be better
Best for: Its best for beginner level of cricketer. A beautifully designed shoe which gives a great value for money.
Adidas Men’s 22Yds Trainer Iii Sport Cricket Shoes
Adidas is a world leading shoe manufacturing company. The brand has specialization to build the sports shoes. They keep doing innovation in the design of the shoe to create optimum comfort for the player.
- Built by a world-leading manufacturer Adidas
- Synthetic material used
- Lace-up closure type
- Rubber stud outsole
- A brand name
- Good cushioning
- It needs some extra care to air and de-odorize on a regular basis and it is hard to do for people like me who are lazy on the off ground 🙂
Best for: Beginner level who lover to wear brands. To clean the dust use a clean cloth, do not use any polish or shiner
CA Big Bang All Rounder Metal Spike Cricket Shoes
CA is a cricket manufacturer from Sialkot, Pakistan. I initially doubt on quality and originality but bought it after looking the reviews on Amazon. Pretty impressed with it after buying. A good product in this price range.
- The material used is fabric-and-synthetic
- Strategically placed medial support in the midsole offers non-negotiable stability with every stride.
- It works as a protective layer that forms a cage-like structure which enhances breathability & maneuverability.
- Comfortable and thoughtfully designed, precision fit that provides comfort and support.
- Made with AIR-FLOW Cushioning, structurally incorporates air vents in the shoe design for enhanced ventilation and anatomical grip.
- Best in the price range
- Strip on laces
- It looks small in size. If your shoe size is 8 then go for 9.
Adidas Men’s Howzat Spike Cricket Shoes
This shoe is built for all-around cricket, It can be used for batting, bowling, and fielding at club level.
- Sole: thermoplastic polyurethane
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Available in Footwear White, Night Metallic and Grey Two
- Synthetic with mesh upper for lightweight and breathability
- ADIPRENE+ midsole gives the cushioning energy return for a long innings
- TPU outsole for stability and traction at a much-reduced weight
- Durable toe overlay
- 7 spike outsole
- It’s designed to offer great comfort, support, and superb grip
- Midsole gives good cushioning
- Let me know if you find any 🙂
Puma Men’s Evospeed R 3.4 Cricket Shoes
- Closure: Lace-Up
- Material Type: Leather
- All round cricket shoe, it’s suitable for batsman, fielder and bowler too.
- Best fit
- Stylish and comfortable
- Product warranty against manufacturing defects: 90 days